Skip to main content

floral sphere

I followed a link last week posted by tanglebucket on facebook and ended up in Johanna Basford's gallery. Gorgeous, gorgeous work.

I fell in love with her "crazy botanic" piece - it was the source of inspiration for this:
Mine features lilies and daisies (love drawing both of these - particularly the loopy lily leaves) along with a heap of other stuff. Really enjoyed drawing this and will probably do some more along this theme.

I am still contemplating whether to add some darker areas or shading. But, I do like the feel of it as is. I hate going that step too far, and my usual motto is when in doubt, don't do it! We'll see. Maybe I'll take a copy and play with it.

School starts back for me today (where, oh where did the 4 weeks go?). Today the kids will be making pumpkin soup and apple oatmeal muffins (perfect weather for it - it is very cold). We had a heap of snow on the nearby mountain Saturday night - so we drove up to take Erin tobogganing Sunday. Though our "heap" of snow is relative - we live in a cool temperate climate and get very few nights where the temperature drops below 1degC. Snow is a novelty and we're lucky enough to live about 30 minutes away from a mountain that gets enough snow for the toboggan runs a couple of times a year, most years anyway. More than enough for me - I hate the cold.

The Diva Challenge looks good - I'm hoping to have time to actually get it done this week :)
hx