Skip to main content

Pattern: Heartstrings

We went to the dentist today - I have been seeing the same guy for almost 40 years - even when we lived in Singapore, I would book my appointments during our visits back home - no idea what I'll do when he retires! Well, today I went in sure that I was going to be up for a 2nd root canal and it turned out to be just a cracked tooth. Not real happy about that either, but so, so much better than what I was expecting.

Day 2 pattern - Heartstrings. It's pretty much Olb (which I sooooo wish I had thought of a better name for but, whatev., it's done and time to move on).

This one has heart shaped outlines and I really like how the negative space fills out.
My example is drawn using full hearts as shown in the pattern step out, but I have also worked the pattern by drawing a column at a time of  "half hearts"in a continuous line, then repeating on the next column to complete the heart shapes. Whatever works best for you.

Update: You can find the VIDEO and some pattern variations for Heartstrings in this post.
hx